BIM Modeling Services
HSE is a leading BIM and drafting firm with proven track record of high quality work delivered on time and within budget. HSE has been successfully supporting BIM consultants, architects, MEP consultants, mechanical contractors, owners & general contractors nationwide. HSE offers the following set of services:
- Shop Drawings, Fabrication & As Built drawings
- 3D Revit BIM modeling
- Clash detection and coordination
- CD/Permit set creation
- Constructability Review
- 4D/5D construction simulation
- Scan to BIM and Scan to CAD conversion
- Coverting 2D to 3D
- Converting 2D dwgs to BIM model
- Resolving construction clashes
- Tying 3D to CPM
- Clash detection testing
BIM Model Example – Hospital in Fort Worth, TX
What is 3D Modeling, 4D Modelling and Visual Animation?
3D Model: A virtual model that contains representations of physical objects in 3D (x,y,z) as surfaces or solids. Common types of 3D models include but are not limited to Existing Conditions Model(s), Design Model(s), and Construction Model(s). Construction Model (s) typically contain temporary site features and equipment (e.g. detours, temporary signals, utility excavations, falsework, etc.)
4D Model Simulation: An aggregation of virtual models that are linked to the current CPM Progress Schedule that shows an ordered, time-scaled appearance of model elements/objects. The CPM Progress Schedule that is integrated into the 3D model (4D model) shall be kept current (all revisions and updates) on a monthly basis. A 4D model must contain one or more virtual models and at least one link to a CPM schedule.
Visual Animation: A walk-through of a virtual model that also supports movement and display and contains photo-simulations to more accurately depict existing and construction build-out conditions both under and above ground.
What exactly is BIM 5D Modeling?
Building Information Modeling (3D BIM) combines 3D CAD components with scheduling constraints and budgetary concerns. It, therefore, allows the entire construction team – including everyone from architects to owners – to conceptualize the expense and progress of all the construction activities over a particular time period. Professional BIM modeling services have the potential to revolutionize the management of construction projects regardless of size, location, or complexity.
Advantages of BIM Modeling
The BIM Modeling system allows contractors to accurately estimate expenses incurred throughout each stage of construction. This, therefore, allows them to identify key variables and adjust the model to accommodate the client’s unique desires. The 3D BIM modeling technology integrates all aspects of the project: design, project controls, estimating, scheduling, construction, and accounting. This model then allows our contractors to complete model-based estimating, an important part of any cost plan. In order for model-based estimating to yield valuable insights, the 5D model must be constructed accurately, which is why the help of seasoned experts should never be underestimated.
Our BIM & 5D Modeling services include but is not limited to:
For more info about our BIM Modeling Services
HSE is capable of tying the BIM model to cost/revenue loaded construction schedules. We have created multiple 5D models on many projects that have proven to be successful and useful for contractors and owners.
Our team of BIM model experts and BIM specialists are always on the cutting edge of technology and always use the latest versions in the market. Our software expertise include but are not limited to the following software:
- AutoDesk – Revit
- Bentley Suite
- Civil 3D
Different BIM Models
- Design Intent Model: A Building Information Model based on design intent prepared by the A/E. It is not intended for construction but provided to the Contractor as a basis of creating the Construction Model. This model is at a LOD of 300.
- Construction Model: The model initially transferred to the Contractor as a copy of the Design Intent Model and maintained by the Contractor. The Contractor is responsible for maintaining, confirming, and advancing the Construction Model throughout the course of construction. The Contractor is responsible for resolving clashes in the Constriction Model.
- Fabrication Model(s): Models generated by each discipline or trade subcontractor required on the project. A Fabrication Model may be comprised of multiple models representing the various subsets of each discipline or trade. Fabrication and Shop Drawings will be extracted directly from this model. These models are at a LOD of 400.
- Federated Model: A composite of the Fabrication and/or Construction Models and Design Intent Models. The purpose of this model is space coordination and constructability review.
- As-Built Model: The Model developed by the Contractor as a record of the Work as constructed. This model is developed after substantial completion and turned over to the Construction Manager. This model is at a LOD of 400.
- Record Model: The Revit/BIM model maintained by the A/E throughout the construction period which is coordinated with the Contractor. The Record Model is used by the A/E to generate changes to the Contract Documents during the course of construction. This model is at a LOD of 300.
Levels of Development
- Level of Development (LOD): A term to describe the level of completeness to which a Model Element is developed in BIM.
- LOD 300: Model Elements are modeled as specific assemblies accurate in terms of quantity, size, location, and orientation. This Level of Development is used for A/E models such as the Design Intent Model.
- LOD 350: Model Elements are graphically represented within the Model as a specific system, object, or assembly in terms of quantity, size, shape, location, orientation, and interfaces with other building systems.
- LOD 400: Model Elements are Graphically represented within the Model as a specific system, object, or assembly in terms of size, shape, location, quantity, and orientation with detailing, fabrication, assembly, and installation information. This Level of Development is considered suitable for fabrication and assembly. It is to be used by specialty trade contractors and fabricators to build and fabricate project components, including MEP systems.
HSE creates a detailed and comprehensive BEP (BIM Execution Plan) to help coordinate the effort among all parties involved.
Please contact us for additional information on our construction engineering consulting services.
- Construction Consulting Services
- CPM Scheduling
- Construction Claims Consulting
- Construction Management
- Risk Analysis
- Quality Assurance & Safety Control
- Earned Value Analysis
- 4D BIM and Scheduling
- Construction Scheduling
- Construction Scheduling Training
- Time Impact Analysis
- Augmented Reality Construction Services
- Workshop Drawings for Steel and Concrete
- Owner Representative Services
- Construction Expert Witness Services