Construction planning involves both the management and execution of construction projects. It allows project management teams to coordinate resources throughout the cycle of a project as well as to achieve completion goals. Effective construction planning accounts for every aspect of a project and integrates the daily reality of a job site with modern business management techniques.
What is construction planning?
Given that construction planning encompasses every stage of the construction process: initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, and closing. It takes into account a project’s unique constraints and provides a framework for effective decision making throughout the life of the project. This framework is built upon stakeholder values, established procedures, as well as key performance metrics.
Key aspects of construction planning
Project managers are responsible for maintaining a wide-angle view of each and every job site, while at the same time managing a variety of critical elements, including:
- Scope of the project
- Integration of all project elements
- Time management and project scheduling
- Cost estimates and budget control
- Quality control
- Efficient use of human resources
- Effective internal and external communications
- Mitigation and analysis of risk
- Procurement of resources from external providers
Successful project planners are those who are not only capable of managing each of these elements, but can also effectively communicate the construction plan to team members and stakeholders. Project managers may be called upon to discuss and defend the choices that are made throughout the construction process, and a comprehensive plan can provide support for those high-stake conversations.
If you’re interested in partnering with professional construction planners and reaping the benefits of world-class planning strategies
- Construction Consulting Services
- CPM Scheduling
- Construction Claims Consulting
- Construction Management
- Risk Analysis
- Quality Assurance & Safety Control
- Earned Value Analysis
- BIM Consulting
- 4D BIM and Scheduling
- Construction Scheduling
- Construction Scheduling Training
- Time Impact Analysis
- Augmented Reality Construction Services
- Workshop Drawings for Steel and Concrete
- Owner Representative Services
- Construction Expert Witness Services